[rc5] Buffer is locked 3 - waiting 1 second. :-((

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 15 20:31:37 EDT 1997

On Jul 15, Harald Koenig wrote:

> on both dual-PPro boxes with Linux-2.0.30-SMP I still get one client
> pretty soon only writing
>
> 	Buffer is locked 3 - waiting 1 second.
> 	Buffer is locked 3 - waiting 1 second.
> 	Buffer is locked 3 - waiting 1 second.
>
> into it's logfile until the disk is full :-((

one more data point:

I was just browsing the log files of my "rc5v2 -update" jobs
which are run every hour via cron and for one SMP box found
tons of

	Buffer is locked 4 - waiting 1 second.
	Buffer is locked 4 - waiting 1 second.
	Buffer is locked 4 - waiting 1 second.

messages filling up the disk (this is 140kbytes/hour or ~3.3MB/day !!)

Harald
--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\