[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #44

Arvin Meyer onsite at esinet.net
Tue Jul 15 18:00:57 EDT 1997

I am not logged into NT right now, so I can't check the set-up, you will
have to rely on my memory <shudder> It's been several months since I've
last done this, and it is the type of thing you typically only do once or
twice anyway.

I believe that you can set up the service to run, the same way Replication
Services are run. Set up a user account with the appropriate permissions.
You will probably have to put him in the proper Local Groups (ie. Backup,
as well as whatever others you have set up) You must give this user a
NON-BLANK password and set it permanent. (I always use my own, so that I am
sure the password will be correct at bootup).

Now you can set the user to run as a service. Check to see if the service
is running  before you log off. Since only you are logging off, and not
your ersatz-user, the service should continue to run. Please get back to me
either positive or negative as to how this works.

                          Arvin Meyer

                      On-Site Solutions
Database Development - NT Systems Engineering

     "The question for your company isn't:
        'Where do you want to go today?' but
            Where do you have to be tomorrow?"

e-mail: onsite at esinet.net