[rc5] Re: New connection option

Psychedelic Harry zberger at ldl.net
Wed Jul 16 00:51:23 EDT 1997

On 7/15/97 19:37 Rebecca and Rowland blurted:

>>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:00:20 -0400
>>From: Steve Patches <steve at wareunl.com>
>>Subject: [rc5] Re: New connection option
>>
>>>Milton (mwf at ibm.net) wrote:
>>>Hello,
>>>It's looks like we need a new network connection option.  We need a
>>option of
>>>NO CONNECTION, so that the client will not try to connect on a machine
>>with
>>>no network connection.
>>
>>Set your number of blocks to complete in run to 49, and your number of
>>blocks to buffer to 50.  This will always leave 1 block unused, but will
>>ensure that the client will not attempt to dial out.
>>

>Does anyone know how to do this with the Mac v2 client?

You could edit the 'threshold' parm in the preferences file but I'm not
sure if that will work?  Anyone know?  I hate to annoy my ISP by keeping
a live connection just so it can get a new set of blocks every 8 hours or
so.....

-----
  Psychedelic Harry

  <http://ldl.net/~zberger>