[rc5] Another porting request

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Wed Jul 16 13:29:40 EDT 1997

Steve Langasek wrote about the Win 3.1 V2 client:
>for someone to build a version that will?  I have access to a lab of
>roughly 20 P-120s that are just begging to contribute, but the OS is
>non-negotiable..

Steve -- I've been holding off on responding to you because I don't have
the full story here, but it looks like it may be a day or so before I get
the answer and I didn't want you to wait too long with no response.

I vaguely recall either Bovine or Duncan explaining to me that there was
some technical reason that prevented them from porting the V2 code to
win32s (for operation under win3.1), but I cannot for the life of me
remember exactly why this was.  Suffice to say, it sounded reasonable to me
when it was explained.

Now you've gone and gotten me curious, and I'm trying to get a better
answer for you, but that's what I remember.  As soon as I find something
out, I'll let you know.

-David McNett
 nugget at slacker.com