[rc5] Re: Monitoring many.

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Wed Jul 16 17:14:25 EDT 1997

At 03:58 PM 7/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>ObRC5: Does anyone know of a good way to monitor the status of the
>clients one has running? I have a dozen machines running the RC5
>client and want to know if the process dies so that I can restart it.

Easy, run Remi's optimized v1 clients with a personal proxy. Look
at the pp display as all of the clients check in, or don't if
they're broke.

This won't help everyone, but it's our only viable solution for
operation behind our firewall. The ability to monitor all of the
clients from one host is a fringe benefit.