[rc5] Stats ETA = now - [ADMIN]

Jude Giampaolo jude at ruf2ece.psu.edu
Wed Jul 16 19:28:50 EDT 1997

At 4:04 PM 7/16/97, Jason Novinger wrote:
>At 1:58 PM -0600 on 7/16/97, Jude Giampaolo wrote:
>

>> ObRC5: Does anyone know of a good way to monitor the status of the
>> clients one has running? I have a dozen machines running the RC5
>> client and want to know if the process dies so that I can restart it.
>>
>What OS are you running?  Under just about any Unix you could write a crude
>script that would check periodically to see if the process is running.

The problem is that its just not UNIX. I have client running on HPUX, AIX,
Linux, MacOS, Win3.1, Win95 and WinNT.

What would be really nice is a version 2 personal proxy. (As if everyone
else hasn't already asked for this.)

--
Jude Giampaolo -- Penn State University -- Electrical Engineering
jcg161 at psu.edu        'I feel better having screamed, don't you?'