[rc5] RISC sppedups

Dave Huang khym at bga.com
Wed Jul 16 22:50:58 EDT 1997

> I am running, went from 166K to 220K/sec.  I was quite
> impressed, although with deschal each of those machines was
> running something like 4 million keys/sec.

I've noticed others comparing the rc5 client with the deschal one... Don't
forget, as http://rc5.distributed.net/ says, ". . . this flexibility in
RC5 comes at a cost of greater computational overhead per key than DES,
due to the increased complexity of the algorithm." So don't expect to get
anywhere close to the key rate y'all were getting with DES...
INet: khym at bga.com   |   they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++