[rc5] NT 2.002 bugs?

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Thu Jul 17 10:19:07 EDT 1997

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Brad Spachman wrote:

> About every other day I find my clients have shut down overnight. I'm
> running the Win32-P6 2.002 client as a service under NT3.51 and NT4. I come
> in to find a lovely message from the friendly Dr. Watson saying:
>
> "[blah]
> Access violation 0xc0000005, Address 0x00410a15"

Yep, me too. But I didn't pay much attention to it. Like, it's
Windows, even NT, and I expect it to crash. BTW the v2.002 are not _that_
stable, but I don't mind that much. I'm sure the dev team is working
very hard...

> Looking at the logs reveals that it invariably occurs after sending blocks
> to a server.
Hmm, have to look in to that.

Ivo

> Note: the rc5svc is generating my logfile.

Why is it that when I don't give a logfile in the service (rc5svc),
the service won't start my client? Known bug?

Ivo