[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #44

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Thu Jul 17 03:30:59 EDT 1997

> It's clear that the Mac client *doesn't* work fine out
>>of the box - so what are we to do?  It appears to do something other than
>>what I thought it should be doing, but what do I know?  The documentation
>>doesn't explain what it does, nor how to tell if it's doing it.
>
>Rowland...I'm on a 68k and this makes a lot of sense to me. I'm dropping
>the list and getting the digest.

I've been getting the digest all along.

>The best help I find is on the irc channel
>#rc5 on EFNet. You can go into private chat and get past all this noise.

Thanks for the tip, but I can't use IRC - I've got a couple of IRC apps,
but I can't figure out how to use them, nor what EFNet is and how to
connect to it.

(Y'know, I really *hate* documentation (like the RC5 stuff) that assumes
you know what's going on, and what all the jargon means.  Yes, I *have*
tried using the IRC apps, and I've tried asking how the damned thing works
in Mac regions on IRC somewhere, and got no response - possibly because
no-one saw my question.)

Rowland.