[rc5] NT 2.002 bugs?

Ralf Helbing helbing at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Jul 17 11:47:02 EDT 1997

Hi,

> Why is it that when I don't give a logfile in the service (rc5svc),
> the service won't start my client? Known bug?

I had a look into the source yesterday, when I fixed the
quit-at-logout bug (at least for me).

Basically, the service only starts the client when it starts and
terminates the client when it terminates.  Whenever the client emits
some output, the service forwards the text to the log file.

If it fails to open th elog file (append mode), the services quits the
work thread and sits idle.

Ralf
--
"'...don't want to be pleasured by the slave girl'... What was I
   *thinking*?!?"

Ralf Helbing,    University of Magdeburg,     Department of Computer Science
39106 Magdeburg, UniPlatz 2                         Phone: +49 0391 67-12189