[rc5] OT:Jack Mc Coy and Thanks for the help!

Alissa Mower Clough teleny at server2.comm2net.com
Thu Jul 17 16:14:19 EDT 1997

Skip Huffman wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:48:04 -0500, Marc Sissom wrote:
>
> >>years, I've yet to see so many professional, serious, people argue in
> >>such an immature fashion: we seem more like TV show groupies arguing
> >>over whether Jack Mc Coy should or should not have sex with his coworker
> >
> >Who's Jack McCoy?
>
> And who is his co-worker?

Eh, um, two people on Law & Order a few seasons back. Their immenent
relationship was a hot issue for the L&O mailing list, when sexual
harassment fever was at its height. The list was split into 2 groups:
the romantics, who figured that their love for each other made them more
effective as a team, and the moralists, who held that their ever getting
together meant that Jack would dominate Claire, and that it would damage
the show's integrity. The flames rose high and hot, but shed little
light, until the scriptwriters solved this problem by getting Claire
killed in a DWI. End of digression.

Teleny, friend of cats.