General Support issues (was: Re: [rc5] Re: Mac support problems)

Fri Jul 18 12:32:20 EDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:16:15 -0500 (CDT), Stephen Langasek wrote:

>But 'executive summary' is really the only thing in the stats that appeals
>to people who aren't already involved with the project (unless they see
>one of their favorite groups in the top 100).  'Sides, trying to update
>the rest of the stats every hour would... just be scary. :)

The only people that are going to check the Web stats regularly are the ones involved in the project, so they deserve the most up to date data.  The visitors should be able to handle the "ancient" ;-) previous days data.

I certainly hope that there is nothing manual about the process, I hope a series of automatic processes are updating the stats.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group