[rc5] Stats compromise?

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Fri Jul 18 19:12:11 EDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Nate Begeman wrote:

> I was wondering why there can't be some sort of compromise on the stat
> updating issue.  Why can't emails and the stat summary be updated every 3
> or 4 hours, or heck, even every 6 hours would give you 4 updates a day, and
> be a lot less of a load on the server (I think) than having either the
> summary or the emails or both updated every hour.

Well, SolNet did it every half hour for all of their stats.
I assume that the updates are being done incremental, and the data
coming in in one half hour can't be that big..

And if I may add: I'd like to see the daily stats just as much as the
total stats. The first to check if I still get my Mkeys/s, and
because I'm in the top 100 there :-), the second one just for overall
impression on how I'm doing...

Ivo