[rc5] Client for DEC Alpha and VMS V6.2?

Dan Sugalski sugalsd at lbcc.cc.or.us
Fri Jul 18 10:34:03 EDT 1997

At 02:21 AM 7/19/97 +1000, David Morrison wrote:
>I have a couple of DEC Alphas using VMS 6.2 and Multinet. When I run either
>of the VMS/Alpha clients, I get:
>
>$ run rc5v2
>%DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image CXXL$011_SHR
>-CLI-E-IMGNAME, image file
>TAIPAN$DKB200:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSLIB]CXXL$011_SHR.E
>XE
>-SYSTEM-F-SHRIDMISMAT, ident mismatch with shareable image
>
>Can someone help me with a client for these two machines?

The client's been compiled on a 7.1 machine. Maybe you can get in touch
with the VMS person on the team to get the thing compiled on one of your
machines, if you have C++.

>(And what does EV4 and EV5 mean anyway?)

It's the processor family. The compiler uses different optimisations based
on which processor youre compiling for. Choose the one that matches the
processor in your machine, or EV4 if you don't know which to use.

					Dan