[rc5] Can't kill linux personal proxy?

David Hubbard dhubbard at peds-cme.med.usf.edu
Sun Jul 20 03:37:41 EDT 1997

Hello all,
	my v1 personal proxy on linux seems to be having one
of its many fun random lockups.  Normally I'll give it a kill -TERM
and it will wake up and dump off its blocks.  Sometimes when
it won't do that after a few more tries it will just die off.
This time, it seems to be stuck and will not die at all.  I've
sent it a kill -HUP, -TERM, and finally a -9 and it just won't
die.  Is there any way to harsher way to kill a process beyond
kill -9?  I'm running slackware with kernel 2.0.30 if it helps.
I really shouldn't reboot the machine right now so I would kind of
like a better way out of this.  My clients should still have a
few more hours of blocks left but still...

Thanks,

Dave
dhubbard at eng.usf.edu