[rc5] Proxy problems

Francois Gouget fgouget at club-internet.fr
Sun Jul 20 06:22:42 EDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Stephen Langasek wrote:
[...random block genration problem]
> logic is the same across all clients), it leads me to believe that the
> limit is actually imposed by the output buffer--specifically, if the
> client is buffering n blocks, it will cease to generate random keyblocks
> when buff-out contains n+1 blocks.  Since most people have n or n+1 blocks

	I concur to this.
	I designed a way to get more than 50 blocks in a buffer (by
concatenating multiple buffers) but as soon as the client has processed
more then 50 blocks, it stops working and tries to report the blocks. And
since I'm not connected to the internet it enters into an endless loop of
"Network::Open Error - Sleeping for 15 seconds" errors. Thus not even
finishing to process the buffered blocks.
	So what I now do is empty the buff-out file as soon as it
contains more than 40 blocks.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at club-internet.fr                http://www.mygale.org/~fgouget/