[rc5] seeking the keys

Austin T. austhomp at iastate.edu
Sun Jul 20 20:48:10 EDT 1997

At 01:29 AM 7/20/97 -0500, you wrote:

<snip>
>If I understand correctly, the 6x86 has many internal features (such as
>branch prediction) that aren't enabled by all BIOSes - the person with a
>newer BIOS may have these features enabled, and see a speed increase over
>the person with an older BIOS which doesn't enable these features.  I
>believe that there are programs to enable these features in autoexec.bat;
>check at sysopt or tom's hardware guide.
<snip>

Looking at an online shopping page, I have a question.  What is the
difference between an IBM 6x86 200+ (L), and a Cyrix PR200-MX (M2) 6x86 (L)
?  Besides of course the prices of $91 and $245?  I have a Pentium 133
right now, and higher power for half the cost of what I bought looks pretty
good...
TIA