[rc5] Delay on v2.003

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Mon Jul 21 01:31:31 EDT 1997

>> On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Mike Silbersack wrote:
>>
>> > I'm just curious why v2.003 is taking sooo long to come out.
>>
>> Because everyone concerned with the effort:
>
>> 1) Has a real job
>> 2) Wants to actually test their work
>> 3) Doesn't respond well to assholes
>>
>> Take your pick.
>
>I'm sorry I offended you,

You've not offended *me*, but I do think you could have phrased you point a
little better.

> but I believe that there's one thing missing in
>the development process: interaction.

I fully agree with this - just some idea what was going on would be fine -
messages saying `We're working on it but don't ask when it'll be ready'
just irritate, you know.  Saying `We're working on it, and it'll be done in
a week or two, and it'll probably do X, Y, and Z' would be wonderful.  And
because no-one's getting paid for this, we're hardly going to complain if
the stuff arrives late, and only does X and Y, are we?

Rowland.
[snip]