[rc5] Delay on v2.003

Chris Carlin volkris at cryogen.com
Mon Jul 21 07:26:04 EDT 1997

Rebecca and Rowland wrote:

> messages saying `We're working on it but don't ask when it'll be
> ready'
> just irritate, you know.  Saying `We're working on it, and it'll be
> done in

What I would like to see--and I've seen this done on some other pieces
of software--would be a list of things to be done, possibly put on the
website, maybe this list. List all of the bugs that are to be fixed and
all the new features to be added. As they are completed, they are
checked off.
If they do it this way, the ETA wouldn't need to be that static. People
will see that something is taking longer than expected and will allow
the date to be pushed back more readily than if they were just told that
the date was being pushed back (or not even told...).

Just some thoughts.

--
Chris Carlin