[rc5] Stupid stats question (was: Simple stats question)

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 22 10:14:24 EDT 1997

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Rebecca and Rowland wrote:

> When I checked the stats this morning, the extra 8 blocks hadn't shown up.
> The stats page showed (exactly as it had *before* attempting to report
> these 8 blocks):
>
> Stats run: Tue Jul 22 04:47:43 1997 GMT
>                                                Time         last heard
> Position          email             Blocks  running (days)  from (days)
> 5150      rebecca at astrid.u-net.com     6        19.1           13.3

Dear Rebecca,

Well, it's obvious that you're looking at the "total" stats-page,
because it says "time running 19.1 days".
And as you might know, because it's in a 72-point font on almost
evert "total" stats page:

	Important! These numbers represent the total effort
        distributed.net effort through 7/15 - MINUS 6/27 - 7/2 (yes I
        dohave the data) They are also not quite finished yet!!!

So, please read the stats-pages before complaining, OK ?

Ivo

But it's nice to know that despite of your tons of mails to this
list, you managed to get _14_ blocks done.....