[rc5] Delay on v2.003

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Wed Jul 23 18:07:44 EDT 1997

>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:14:42 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Dave Huang <khym at bga.com>
>Subject: Re: [rc5] Delay on v2.003
>
>On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Rebecca and Rowland wrote:
>> >Do not flood the list with any questions regarding the details of the work
>> >being done.  Instead, send queries to rc5help at slacker.com
>>
>> But...  Virtually every (perhaps all) of my emails to that address have
>> been ignored.
>
>Indeed... after seeing all of the "mail rc5help, not the rc5 list" stuff,
>I tried sending a Mac client question there. Haven't heard anything back
>yet though (I sent the mail Thursday night).

Since I posted my complaint, I tried the help address again, and got two
prompt replies.  It seems complaining works, but only for the complainer...
:-/

>BTW, my question was whether it's possible to disable the automatic self
>test. It seems like a waste of time to do a self test every time the
>client starts up, especially on slower machines.

As far as I know, this can't be done :-(

You might like to email this query to one or both of the Mac developers:

Current Mac people:

Kevyn Shortell      <kevyn at ricochet.net>      rc5 Mac developer
Marc Farnum Rendino <mvgfr at netcom.com>        rc5 Mac unofficial helper

>Ah well, I run the client under NetBSD/mac68k now... it's faster, and
>multitasks much better than MacOS :)

Good one :-)

Rowland.