[rc5] Am I able to do this without loosing blocks?

Curtis Brown shazam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 20:28:26 EDT 1997

Gary,

All you need to do, is make the rc5-client window the "active" or "top"
window. Now type a "CTRL-c", thats typing the character 'c' while holding
the control key. This will send a *break* to the bovine-client, and it will
do a friendly halt (saving the block and position). You can now re-load the
client. (re-booting first can't hurt at this time) but I think you might be
OK, with just stopping and re-starting the client; in fact, let me know if
you notice a difference.

(Apparentlty my Win32 client crashed somwtime last night after being up for
more than ten hours, but the source of the information is questionable.
I'll have to keep my eyes on it...)

-Curtis.
87 zillion CPU cycles, and I still had to buy this t-shirt

(another tagline shamelessly stolen from the Bovine Slogan page)

At 12:13 AM 7/24/97 BST, you wrote:
>Hi! I use a P133 running Windows 95a... I've noticed after leaving the
machine running for around 10 hours that my client gradually produces less
and less keys per second. Would it be ok for me to reboot my machine whilst
it is crunching? Would I risk loosing blocks if I were to do this, or would
my machine resign them back to buff-in and restart on them at a later time?