[rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec

Curtis Brown shazam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 20:59:36 EDT 1997

Aaron Cannon presumably wote:

>Better yet, turn off the screen saver completely and just turn off the
>monitor.  Just don't forget and leave it on.

Actually, if your monitor is just a few years old (and not monochrome), the
manufacturers would have us believe that they are no longer succeptible to
"screen burn". My 4 year-old Hitachi SuperScan Pro 15 is in dandy shape.. I
have not *abused* it, but it's had many a long night with that silly
"taskbar" burning into the lower 40 pixels :)

Now, I know this is not a Win95 HowTo list, but most of you *do* network
and many may use Winblows :) So I've got a dumb question: I want to have a
TCP stack for my ethernet card with a private TCP/IP address. Win95 does
not let me use a 127.x.x.x address for some reason, so for now I've got the
entire class c network of 201.201.201.0 pointing at my LAN. If someday I
actually want to hit the real internet hosts in that network I won't be
able to.

Is there a more elegant sollution?

Thanks!
-Curtis Brown <shazam at pobox.com>
.eruces s'ti skniht tnemnrevoG - We don't!

(another tagline shamelr\essly stolen from the Bovine Slogans page)