[rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Wed Jul 23 21:13:23 EDT 1997

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 rab at stallion.oz.au wrote:

> Are there any issues involved with using the 192.168.0.0 subnet?

Well, I suppose that depends on what you mean by issues...  It is, for the
most part, straightforward.  Since it's a reserved network, there should
never be any routing conflicts with other machines on the network
(although if you don't have a LAN using the IPs, it's sometimes possible
to find your way into others' LANs by these addresses).  The Linux IP
Masquerading mini HOWTO (http://hwy401.com/achau/ipmasq/ipmasq-HOWTO.html)
touches on the matter briefly, and I imagine there's probably an RFC out
there somewhere that also addresses the use of reserved subnets. :)

                             -Steve Langasek, straying far afield
-doink-