[rc5] segfaults?

Murray Stokely murray at cdrom.com
Thu Jul 24 06:46:32 EDT 1997

I encountered the same bug under the 2.00 and 2.002 clients with
FreeBSD.

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Stephen Langasek wrote:

% Has anyone else observed unexplained segmentation faults in the unix
% client?  For days, v2.002 has been running stably on my linux box, but
% tonight I checked on it before turning in, only to find that it had died
% of a beloved SIGSEGV immediately after uploading 20 blocks to a server.
% (It appears to have suffered a network read error immediately before
% uploading, as well.)  Since this is, as I said, nothing I've seen before,
% I'm curious to know if anyone else has encountered such a problem, or if I
% was the lucky one to get caught by one of those cosmic rays...:)
%
%                                -Steve Langasek
% -doink-
%
% ----
%