[rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec

Thu Jul 24 10:02:56 EDT 1997

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:59:36 -0400, Curtis Brown wrote:

>Actually, if your monitor is just a few years old (and not monochrome), the
>manufacturers would have us believe that they are no longer succeptible to
>"screen burn". My 4 year-old Hitachi SuperScan Pro 15 is in dandy shape.. I
>have not *abused* it, but it's had many a long night with that silly
>"taskbar" burning into the lower 40 pixels :)

Yeah, but you are wasting electricity.  I just poke the off button on the monitor when I leave the terminal for more than a few minutes.

I don't worry about the CPU because I feel it is less damaging to keep it running than to start and stop the unit several times a day.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group