[rc5] segfaults?

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Jul 24 13:50:30 EDT 1997

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> Since the work in progress page
> (http://rc5.distributed.net/currentwork.html) was kindly created, please
> use it.  Here's an excerpt from it regarding what's been fixed in v2.003:

> • occasional crashing/core-dump problem resolved (done bovine)

Well, given that I'd never *heard* of the problem occuring, checking to
see whether it's been fixed is hardly the place to start, is it?

And FWIW, I've been finding the main web page less than convenient to
navigate.  The stats are easy enough to find, and that's usually where I
end up anyway, but given that most people don't write web pages with font
size 2, I don't exactly have Netscape set up to display said font very
clearly.  Not a complaint, just an observation...  I also can't help but
feel too much is being squeezed onto one page.  Something about it being
such a small font, and me scrolling down so far to get to the bottom, I
guess. :)  Would a more modular approach be of benefit here?

                             -Steve Langasek
-doink-