[rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec

Arvin Meyer onsite at esinet.net
Fri Jul 25 10:39:45 EDT 1997

> From: Dirk Moerenhout <dmoerenh at reference.be>
> To: rc5 at llamas.net
> Subject: Re: [rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec
> Date: Friday, July 25, 1997 6:44 AM
> > >
> > > COMMODORE BASIC 2.0 ROCKS!!!!
> >
> > I was wondering if rc5 could be ported to MSX-2.
>
> Hum I've got a nice Z80-assembly book :-) Maybe it's time to get back to
> the old days and do some real hand-written assembly again. Maybe my good
> old Philips MSX-1 is able to do 100keys/s :-)
>
> Dirk
> > Ivo
 ----
Yeah, yeah, and you guys had me pulling out my TI 99/4A. Wonderful machine,
unlimited storage on cheap audio cassettes. I thought 16k was a little
memory constraining, but then it was only 4 or 5 years later when Billy
Gates proclaimed "No one will ever need more than 640k"

One problem with this is trying to get the 300 baud modem to connect. I
guess the logon machine at my ISP thinks I'm trying to make a Reverse OOB
attack. <Sigh>

Oh ! and while I'm at it, my development machine with more than 100 times
as much RAM as I'll ever need, just reported an out of memory error, trying
to change indexes in one of your progs, Billy. I'll grant that it was
trying to load 1.5 million rows of data into memory, but your O/S was
eating over 40Mb. ...guess I'll just have to slip out and buy another 64Mb
to feed it.

Investment Tip: Before Win98 comes out, buy some stock in companies that
make RAM.

See ya'

                          Arvin Meyer

                      On-Site Solutions
Database Development - NT Systems Engineering

     "The question for your company isn't:
        'Where do you want to go today?' but
            Where do you have to be tomorrow?"

e-mail: onsite at esinet.net