Screen burn-in was Re: [rc5] Getting a few more keys/sec

Austin T. austhomp at iastate.edu
Fri Jul 25 21:33:32 EDT 1997

At 06:18 PM 7/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>A note about monitors.
<snip>
>they server for the lazy people who don't know how to enable power saving
>mode, or in fact, don't ever turn off their monitors.

<snip>

I don't know about you, but enabling power savings in Win95 makes my and
many other people's systems unstable.  I'm sure it's fine at the hardware
level, and maybe great in another OS, but it's not worth it in my opinion
in 95.  Personally I have a blank screen saver and turn it off if I'm going
to be gone.
	$0.02