Web page layout and Re: [rc5] segfaults?

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Sat Jul 26 06:10:48 EDT 1997

>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:59:10 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Murray Stokely <murray at cdrom.com>
>Subject: Re: [rc5] segfaults?
>
>I think the web page is laid out fairly well.  The information is
>quick and easy to get to, etc..

I find that the web page takes forever to load using Netscape.  I have a
fast net connection, with several fast direct links from my ISP to the USA
(west and east coast) - Spyglass Mosaic loads the web page in a fraction of
the time.

I find it very difficult to find what's on the page - like Steve, I'd
suggest a modular approach, and maybe some suggestion of who to contact
with comments about the web page.

>My only complaint is that half the
>people in my office completely lost interest after the stats got all
>messed up.. and I'm willing to bet they aren't the only ones.
>
>% Well, given that I'd never *heard* of the problem occuring, checking to
>% see whether it's been fixed is hardly the place to start, is it?

Not only that, but the problem listed doesn't seem to tie up with the
symptoms particular clearly.

>% And FWIW, I've been finding the main web page less than convenient to
>% navigate.  The stats are easy enough to find, and that's usually where I
>% end up anyway, but given that most people don't write web pages with font
>% size 2, I don't exactly have Netscape set up to display said font very
>% clearly.  Not a complaint, just an observation...  I also can't help but
>% feel too much is being squeezed onto one page.  Something about it being
>% such a small font, and me scrolling down so far to get to the bottom, I
>% guess. :)  Would a more modular approach be of benefit here?

Yes!

Rowland.