[rc5] Re: Aren't we missing the point. WAS: Getting a fewmore keys/se

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Sat Jul 26 12:11:35 EDT 1997

> The truly nasty one is the QuickLink MessageCenter that came with my USR
> voice modem.  When I leave it running to answer my phone it takes around
> 90% CPU and an 18 minute block becomes a 3 hour block.  For comparison
> WinFax Pro takes < 1% listening for rings.  I tried RC5 (v2b0 then) in
> normal mode instead of idle but QuickLink had fits and wouldn't record
> messages properly.  I'd be happy if QuickLink used <10% waiting for calls
> and 90% for the few minutes it records but I don't know if this is
> possible.  Suggestions anyone?  This can really eat into my client's
> productivity.
>
> Bryan
> bryan_macburney at mindlink.bc.ca

I had the same problem with Quicklink MessageCenter, to an even worse
extent (it was taking up 100% on my computer).  I killed Quicklink
MessageCenter.  Of course, if there's any other software that will work
with USR Sportster VI to answer the phone that anyone wants to recommend...

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com