[rc5] Identical results, two CPUs

Murray Stokely murray at cdrom.com
Sat Jul 26 17:34:51 EDT 1997

Why shouldn't they be?  MMX is of course useless for htis type of
thing, and the larger cache is apparently not important either.

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Tom Wheeler wrote:

% Among other machines, I'm running the client on a P200/MMX and a
% regular P200.  A coworker says there's "no way" these two machines can
% be running at virtually identical speed, but they are - about 240Kk/s.
% Would anyone care to take a crack (ha ha) at explaining why they are
% the same so my coworker and I can end this silliness?
%
%
% Regards,
% Tom Wheeler