[rc5] Identical results, two CPUs

psychedelic-harry at mindless.com zberger at ldl.net
Sat Jul 26 22:17:50 EDT 1997

On 7/26/97 19:34 Murray Stokely blurted:

>Why shouldn't they be?  MMX is of course useless for htis type of
>thing, and the larger cache is apparently not important either.
>
>On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Tom Wheeler wrote:
>
>% Among other machines, I'm running the client on a P200/MMX and a
>% regular P200.  A coworker says there's "no way" these two machines can
>% be running at virtually identical speed, but they are - about 240Kk/s.
>% Would anyone care to take a crack (ha ha) at explaining why they are
>% the same so my coworker and I can end this silliness?

Perhaps you should consider the idea that MMX is only a speed improvement
in the marketing and advertising departments and has no actual effect on
your hardware for all practical purposes...

>% Regards,
>% Tom Wheeler
>% tomw at intelligraphics.com
>%
>%
>% ----
>rc5' in the body.
>%
>

>Murray Stokely
>
>----
>in the body.

-----
  Psychedelic Harry

  <http://ldl.net/~zberger>
-----
 Annoy a Fascist: Just Say No to Gun Control!  Annoy a Leftist: Think!