[rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Mon Jul 28 17:54:06 EDT 1997

----------
> At 8:09 AM -0400 on 1997/07/28, Mike Silbersack wrote:
>
> > I just don't like the contest organizers to start playing favorites.
>
> It would seem to be a bit of a stretch to reach that conclusion.

I'm extremely sorry and ashamed that I did not take a screenshot of the
main page at the time of my original message (7/27/97 10:48pm CDT), as it
clearly stated that there was a FAQ for the "top OS", rather than how it is
stated now under the What's New sidebar.  In retrospect, I have
overreacted, but then again, when I'm tired, OS-bashing statements on the
contest organizer's page aren't the thing I want to see.

> For example, the note about the FAQ (sorely needed judging by the whining
> about Mac-related stuff on the list) looks like a simple error (although
> Mac OS has been tops in the _daily_ stats so it's not entirely
inaccurate)
> and your original complaint appears to be based on a misunderstanding of
> the particular stats you quoted.

I can't argue with you here.  There doesn't seem to be *any* correct stats
to quote at this point, which makes any claim false either way.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com