[rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

Dave Huang khym at bga.com
Mon Jul 28 22:44:33 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> I'm extremely sorry and ashamed that I did not take a screenshot of the
> main page at the time of my original message (7/27/97 10:48pm CDT), as it
> clearly stated that there was a FAQ for the "top OS", rather than how it is
> stated now under the What's New sidebar.  In retrospect, I have
> overreacted, but then again, when I'm tired, OS-bashing statements on the
> contest organizer's page aren't the thing I want to see.

Ya don't have to be sorry or ashamed about it :) However, I don't agree
that saying MacOS is "the top OS" is OS-bashing. While it's not true
for the cumulative stats, it definitely is true for the daily stats. Heck,
looking at the 7/28 stats by OS, even if you lump in all of the version 1
clients in with Win32, MacOS _still_ beats it. At the rate they're going,
they will be the top OS, even in the cumulative stats. Makes me wish I had
a PPC machine :) (doesn't make me wish I ran MacOS though :)
INet: khym at bga.com   |   they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++