[rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Mon Jul 28 23:05:14 EDT 1997

----------
> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > I'm extremely sorry and ashamed that I did not take a screenshot of the
> > main page at the time of my original message (7/27/97 10:48pm CDT), as
it
> > clearly stated that there was a FAQ for the "top OS", rather than how
it is
> > stated now under the What's New sidebar.  In retrospect, I have
> > overreacted, but then again, when I'm tired, OS-bashing statements on
the
> > contest organizer's page aren't the thing I want to see.
>
> Ya don't have to be sorry or ashamed about it :) However, I don't agree
> that saying MacOS is "the top OS" is OS-bashing. While it's not true
> for the cumulative stats, it definitely is true for the daily stats.
Heck,
> looking at the 7/28 stats by OS, even if you lump in all of the version 1
> clients in with Win32, MacOS _still_ beats it. At the rate they're going,
> they will be the top OS, even in the cumulative stats. Makes me wish I
had
> a PPC machine :) (doesn't make me wish I ran MacOS though :)

> Name: Dave Huang     |   Mammal, mammal / their names are called /
> INet: khym at bga.com   |   they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
> FurryMUCK: Dahan     |   dolphin and dog / koala bear and hog -- TMBG
> Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+
PL++

Unfortunately, at this point, I don't trust the daily stats too greatly.
Once the entire stats system is back online, we can settle this argument.
I'm not sure if I wish I had a PPC machine, partially because I'm guessing
that with the sharp drop in x86 processor prices and their increase in
performance, the lead will swing back to x86 within a few months.  (If the
contest is not already completed by that time, of course.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com