[rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

Marc Farnum Rendino mvgfr at netcom.com
Tue Jul 29 00:18:51 EDT 1997

At 5:54 PM -0400 on 1997/07/28, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> I'm extremely sorry and ashamed that I did not take a screenshot of the
> main page at the time of my original message (7/27/97 10:48pm CDT), as it
> clearly stated that there was a FAQ for the "top OS"

I'll take your word for it, but at the time, considering daily stats, it
was true. It was arguably inappropriate, but it may well also have been
just a typo.

> In retrospect, I have
> overreacted, but then again, when I'm tired, OS-bashing statements on the
> contest organizer's page aren't the thing I want to see.

You must be pretty tired now too <g> because it seems a stretch to call it
bashing of any sort.

> There doesn't seem to be *any* correct stats
> to quote at this point, which makes any claim false either way.

On what do you base that? I see no indications of any problems with the stats.

Overall, the available data don't seem to support such a strong reaction.

- Marc