[rc5] Buffer size

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Tue Jul 29 04:28:16 EDT 1997

Why not buffer 50 blocks, and set up a script to:

Do forever
{
 sleep for however long it takes to do 25 of them
 run a second session with the -update (or -fetch then -flush) option
 run a second session with the -update (or -fetch then -flush) option a
 second time just to make sure the buffers are really full
}

Lots for us OS/2ers are doing this with REXX, but you could also do it
with any scheduling program.

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 00:47:00 -0700, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

>At 00:03 29.07.1997, root wrote:
>>> I'm thinking about jacking the buffer from 5 to 20 on the faster machines,
>>> and welcome comments on that idea.
>>
>>Why not? I run my machine at home with 50, just in case. It only costs
>>a little bit of disk space.
>
>Well, disk space I've got. Maybe I should calculate what each of them needs
>for ten days, and then come in high in the rankings every tenth day instead
>of hanging around down around #200 all the time!

Colin L. Hildinger