[rc5] MacOS the top? Not surprising..

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Tue Jul 29 02:40:14 EDT 1997

At 03:34 AM 7/29/97 -0600, seth wrote:
>Well, if you are salivating over the PPC architecture's strength in key
>crunching, but frightened by the user-friendliness of the OS, you might
>want to check the client benchmarks... To this date, the MacOS client
>beats the MKLinux & AIX clients running on similar hardware..

That is merely because the clients for the other PPC platforms did not use
the newer hand-optimized assembly that is now in the MacOS specific
clients.  One of our goals with the next release is to try and bring over
our PPC optimizations over to the non-MacOS PPC platforms (and similarly
with 68k platforms).

Jeff