[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #63

Curtis Brown shazam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 15:13:34 EDT 1997

At 09:09 AM 7/29/97 -0500, John Gruver wrote:
>Today's trivia:  the P200/MMX runs the RC5 56-bit decryption program
>(the one I mailed you yesterday) at about 240,000 keys/second.
>Meanwhile, my lowly 604/120 runs it at 324,000 keys/second.
>Cha-ching!

So what is your point?

That after all these years you've finally found something that your box is
good at?

-CB
<shazam at pobox.com>

"A word is not a crystal transparent and unchanged; it is the skin of a
living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the
circumstances and the time in which it is used." -- Oliver Wendall Holmes