[rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Tue Jul 29 20:07:32 EDT 1997

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Marc Farnum Rendino wrote:
> > I have been hearing from other RC5 supporters that their machines have not
> > been showing the correct totals in the daily stats.

> Interesting - got any specifics? Does there seem to be any pattern? Is it
> possibly attributable to timing or something like that?

> One wonders if, outside of gross (and therefore easily identifiable)
> errors, these discrepancies are real - the keyserver is the final arbiter.
> :)

Well, I've been told by several people that the numbers on the site are a
magnitude or two lower than the ones they're counting up on their screens.
Their comments came some time ago, so I don't know if it's still a
problem, but it did appear to be on ongoing thing at the time (which does
tend to rule out the possibility of skewing due to timing).  I also didn't
investigate too thoroughly and try to double-check their figures, so it's
possible they made an error.

                                 -Steve Langasek
-doink-