[rc5] MacOS vs. WinNT stability

Brad Spachman bspachman at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 29 23:12:52 EDT 1997

Perhaps one of the reasons that the Mac clients are moving up so quickly in
the statistics is that the client is very stable. Rowland's (justified)
ravings about the 2.000 client aside, I haven't had the v2 clients crash or
misfire in any way on the Mac once since it's release.

The P5/6 clients, on the other hand, crash with regularity on my NT boxes
with application exception errors. It seems that half of my NT boxes crash
each night. Hopefully, 2.003 will fix this, but otherwise, I'll just
restart the crashed clients each morning.

I can't speak to the other clients' stability, but since I haven't seen any
complaints, I'll assume they're as rock-solid as the Mac.