[rc5] MacOS vs. WinNT stability

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.net
Thu Jul 31 00:00:55 EDT 1997

At 12:50 30.07.1997, Steve Trottier wrote:
>I read Brad's message about the WinNT instability and then a bunch of other
>messages saying that "it works for me."  Well, if we're voting, it crashes
>about four times a week on my WinNT box too.

Since the 2.003 notes in the Work in Process page talks about eliminating
problems with proxy servers (I run WinGate here) and since the crashing has
vastly diminished since I switched from cacheing 5 blocks to 25 blocks, I
have to conclude that the NT problem is related to 2.002's relationship
with the network.

Any rumors on when the 2.003 clients (expected last weekend) are going to
be released?

Van