Stats query? Re: [rc5] MacOS the top? Funny

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.net
Thu Jul 31 00:40:06 EDT 1997

At 00:57 31.07.1997, Rebecca and Rowland wrote:
>I've just found out that the phrase `Stats run' doesn't mean `Statistics
>gather from the keyservers just updated' as one would think, but instead,
>and rather stupidly, means `This is the time now', which I could find out
>by glancing at my system clock.

The time period for the stats isn't always generated by the program,
either. For example, the "Search 1-day stats by e-mail" off the home page
includes the date for which the results are supposed to be valid, but that
date doesn't change every day. Yesterday that result was for 07/29/97 and
showed me with 630 blocks (and another user of my server with 5). Today the
results are still for 07/29/97 and show me with 723 and the other
whidbey.net user isn't in the list. Today, of course, the stats are really
for 07/30/97, but that apparently is a manually updated field.

And my powerful jump from 630 to 723 I attribute to the change in buffer
size mentioned before.

Van