[rc5] New Win32 client available

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Thu Jul 31 12:46:04 EDT 1997

At 07:40 PM 7/31/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Ohh, but it is so much slower than the latest Cyberian client ;-)

One thing to take into consideration is that at least every tenth block
that the cyberian client completes is a block that has already been checked
by the bovine effort.  Therefore, when comparing client speeds, it's
important to remember that you should multiply the cyberian client's rate
by 0.9 in order to get the true comparison.

I believe you'll find that this 10% wasted effort more than offsets the ~2%
speed advantage that the cyberian client shows on a few platforms.

Just keeping things in perspective, here.  :)

-/\/ugget