[rc5] Re: [rc5-announce] New Win32 client available

Bryan Talbot btalbot at qualcomm.com
Thu Jul 31 12:52:23 EDT 1997

Nice, now all I need is an xwindows client that makes it easy to monitor
a bunch of remote unix machines!

Jeff Lawson wrote:

> We have a new Win32 client now available.  Although it is not based on
> the
> general v2b3 (build 3) source that is currently undergoing final
> testing,
> it should be sufficient for awhile.  The new Win32 gui client features
> the
> following:
>
> - increased stability
> - resolution of rare shared buffer/corruption issues
> - faster core than the old v2b2 Win32 console version
> - strict placement of buffer files in exe directory
> - tray minimization
> - gui based
> - hidden operations
> - easy auto-startup installation under Win95
> - survival through Win95 user-logout
> - separate utility to monitor the client while hidden.
> - longer network timeouts
> - improved http-mode usage
> - probably more, but I forget.
>
> If you have problems or questions regarding the new Win32 GUI client,
> please direct them to rc5help at slacker.com so that we can answer your
> questions promptly.
>
> Jeff
> ----
> rc5' in the body.

WARNING: This message attracts every other piece of matter in the
universe with a force proportional to the product of the masses and
inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.