[rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client available

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Jul 31 16:55:52 EDT 1997

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Murray Stokely wrote:
> But if we all switched over there, we would get the job done faster.  period.

>   - no export restrictions
...none for us either...

>   - faster clients
Marginally, from what I've seen

>   - more prize money for the winning netizen
Whereas with Bovine, $8,000 of the money goes to benefit all of humanity.
:)

Sure, the job might get done a little faster if everyone suddenly switched
to Cyberian, bringing with us all the information about the blocks that
have already been processed.  Expecting that to happen is about as
realistic as expecting Louis Freeh to make a public apology to Internet
users everywhere for being a dumbass.

                           -Steve Langasek
-doink-