[rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client available

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Thu Jul 31 16:57:21 EDT 1997

At 01:41 PM 7/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
>But if we all switched over there, we would get the job done faster.  period.
>
>  - no export restrictions

We don't have any export restrictions now.

>  - faster clients

Some are faster, some are not.

>  - working stats

So what. Even if you stay here, they still have working
stats. The rate of key consumption will not be greatly
affected by the quality of a web page. Don't argue
aesthetics. If an individual is interested in helping
out, they will. If not, a neato web page won't change
their mind.

>  - more prize money for the winning netizen

Less for Project G, which any decent netizen should be
interested in promoting. $1K is enough for a mb, cpu, ram,
video, disk, or printer upgrade, a nice party for the
email team, or a sizeable chunk of books and tuition.
Don't be so greedy.

>If they are smart they should start at the half way point as far as
>keys are concerned.  That way the two efforts don't overlap in any
>way, and it won't really matter which one the average person
>participates in.

Except that the keyblocks have not been allocated to the bovine
clients in a linear fashion. I'm really surprised that the C
effort has sprung up at all. Perhaps the secrecy of the bovine
v2 is what forced it. I don't know.