[rc5] Proxy info

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Jul 31 17:49:23 EDT 1997

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Stuart Whelan wrote:

> I got sick of running wingate on my win95 machine, so I wrote a daemon in C
> for linux that just accepts a connection on port 2056, and then socksifies
> and passes that connection out to port 23 (One of the only ports allowed
> out on our firewall) to the proxies..

> I have been running it successfully for a few weeks now.

> I am happy to send the src/bin's to whoever wants to use it also, with the
> following warnings:

Another possibility, for those who have access to a machine on the
firewall itself, is a little program called redir, available as source or
binary and readily portable to any unix which might have been overlooked.
It can be used to forward any connections made to the firewall machine on
port 2056 straight to the proxy server.

                                 -Steve Langasek
-doink-