[rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client available

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Thu Jul 31 18:15:51 EDT 1997

At 02:41 PM 7/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Marc Sissom wrote:
>% We don't have any export restrictions now.
>
>Cool.  Could someone please point me to a web page where I can read
>about this.. i thought it would be resticted.
>
>% Some are faster, some are not.
>
>Which ones aren't.  FreeBSD, Linux, and Win32 (the ones I've
>personally seen) are dramatically faster.  One of my old FreeBSD boxes
>(386) more than doubled its keys/second.

I have a feeling that we are in a message lag loop.
The PPC/Mac folks would stop dead if they tried to switch.
They are a big chunk of the bovine performance.

Besides if you really want to be logical about this, the
Cyberian folks should _give_ their optimizations to
bovine so that the much bigger bovine client pool can
make use of them.

>You need to do some more research into Project Gutenberg.  I'd donate
>most of my winnings to the Free Software Foundation.  I very much like
>the money distribution, just not the choice of charity with Bovine.

  Marc Sissom               | Design Engineer
  DNA Enterprises, Inc.     | Phone: 972/644-3301
  269 W. Renner Parkway     | Fax: 972/644-6338
  Richardson, Texas 75080   | http://www.dnaent.com